Pizza Hut (U.K.) Limited (hereinafter referred to as either, "Pizza Hut Restaurants ", "We", "Us" or "Our") are committed to protecting the personal information you may provide to Us on this website https://www.pizzahut.co.uk/restaurants/ (the "Site") and / or via the Pizza Hut Restaurants App (the “App”).
We are aware of Our responsibilities as a 'data controller' under the Data Protection Act 1998 and believe it is important for you to know how We treat your personal information.
1. What information does Pizza Hut Restaurants collect about me on the Site and App?
We may collect and process the following information about you (“Personal Information”):
- if you register on the Site / App via the “Hut Love” sign up, we may collect your name, address, telephone number, e-mail addresses and other contact details, as well as your date of birth and your preferences;
- information that you provide on online forms or submit via the Site or App, including via user registration, sweepstakes registration, contact requests, guest comments, online surveys, and other online activities.
- any correspondence you send to Us;
- details of your visits to the Site and App and resources you access, which may include (amongst other things) traffic data and communication data; and
- any other information you may voluntarily provide to Us.
2. How does Pizza Hut Restaurants use your Personal Information?
Pizza Hut Restaurants may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to administer your membership of the Site or App, if you have registered with Us;
- if you enter and win a competition, to send you your prize. We may also publish the name of the winner on our Site / App;
- to respond to your specific requests, correspondence and communications;
- if you order online via the Site or App using a credit or debit card, to conduct checks on the details you provide to us, where appropriate, in order to assist with fraud prevention schemes;
- to notify you about changes or updates to our services, e.g. service announcements;
- to provide you with information about Our or third party products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (provided of course that you agree);
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts with you;
- to create reports to assist with future marketing and for market research;
- to understand how you use the Site and App and monitor your usage (e.g. pages your visit on the Site / App, in what sequence and the date and length of your visit), to enable us to make improvements to our services;
- for internal purposes such as quality control, performance of the Site and App and system administration; and
- to ensure that the content on the Site and App is presented as effectively as possible for you.
We may monitor your use of the Site and App and record your email address and / or IP address, monitoring system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to Our advertisers. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing activity and patterns and does not identify any individual. We use this information to be able to improve our services to you.
We may also collect information about the geographical location of your device via the Site / App, provided you have enabled Location Services. We may use this to provide you with push notifications from time to time, for example, about offers at your local Pizza Hut Restaurant, provided of course that you agree to receive such push messages.
We will only keep your Personal Information for as long as is necessary.
The Site and App may use technologies such as "cookies" to provide users with tailored information upon each visit, to collect information and to track your use of the Site and App. This helps Us to provide you with a good experience when you use the Site and App.
Cookies are a common part of many commercial websites that allow small text files to be sent by a website, accepted by a web browser and then placed on your hard drive as recognition for repeat visits to that website. Every time you visit the Site or the App, Our servers (through cookies, pixels and/or GIF files) collect basic technical information such as your domain name, the address of the last URL visited prior to clicking through to the Site, and your browser and operating system.
If you like, you can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie so you have the chance to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off all cookies. The website www.allaboutcookies.org (run by the Interactive Marketing Bureau) contains step-by-step guidance on how cookies can be switched off by users. You do not need to enable cookies to visit the Site or App; however, some parts of the Site or App may be more difficult or impossible to use if cookies are disabled.
For more information, please see our Cookies Policy
Provided that you agree, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with information about future offers and updates relating to Our products and services by post, email and SMS. We may also send you push notifications with details of offers from time to time.
We may also pass your Personal Information to group companies and other third parties from time to time, to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes. However, we will always obtain your consent before passing your information to any other organisations for marketing purposes.
If you do not want Us or third parties to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you have the option to stop receiving messages from us at any time by updating your preferences on the Site. You can also opt out of receiving push messages via the App by changing the settings on your device. In addition, you may have the option to tick (or untick) the relevant boxes at the time we collect your Personal Information.
You can unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained in every email and SMS message that we send. You can also contact us at any time at FREEPOST RRKA-HCAS-YSJC, Pizza Hut Customer Team, Unit 4, Mount Mill Farm, Wicken, Milton Keynes, MK19 6DG or via our comments form to update your marketing preferences, or by clicking this link.
5. Where do we transfer your Personal Information to?
We may transfer your Personal Information to, or store it, outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries which do not have as developed data protection laws.In such circumstances, We will take reasonable steps to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Information.
Your Personal Information may also be processed by staff at any of our overseas offices, or staff at our affiliates, suppliers, agents or appointed representatives.Such staff may be involved in the provision of support services, amongst other things.
Please do not sent Us your Personal Information if you do not want it to be transferred to, or stored outside of, the EEA. By providing your Personal Information to Us, you agree and consent to us transferring to, and storing your Personal Information, at a destination outside the EEA.
6. With whom does Pizza Hut Restaurants share your Personal Information?
We may share your Personal Information with Yum.
We may share your Personal Information with companies who provide services to us and other carefully selected third parties, including without limitation for the following purposes: data analysis, market research, customer support, IT and technical support for the Site / App and to monitor and evaluate use of the App. We may also pass your details to third parties who carry out marketing on our behalf, or for the purposes of running a particular promotion.
We may also share your Personal Information with other organisations:
- if we buy or sell any business or assets, as we may share your Personal Information with the prospective seller or buyer;
- if we or substantially all of our company assets are acquired by another party, in which case your Personal Information will be one of the transferred assets;
- in the event of any other corporate sale, merger, acquisition, or similar business transition involving Us or our affiliates; in which case your Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets;
- if we have to share your Personal Information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, or in connection with a court order or government investigation;
- if we have to enforce our terms and conditions or any other agreements, or to protect our rights, property or customers.
Pizza Hut Restaurants will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is properly protected when it is passed to third parties.
Pizza Hut Restaurants will not sell, rent, loan, transfer, or otherwise disclose any Personal Information to third parties except as set out above.
7. How do I correct or update my Personal Information?
You can update your Personal Information by going to “Edit Profile” on the profile page of the App or Site.
8. How does Pizza Hut Restaurants protect the security of my Personal Information?
We are aware that your Personal Information is confidential and We will protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information in line with our normal procedures and legal requirements.
In particular, Pizza Hut Restaurants uses appropriate security measures to protect all Personal Information collected in a secure, controlled environment.
If you have a username, password or other login details which enable you to access certain parts of the Site or App, you must not allow any other person to use them and must treat them as confidential. If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your login details you must contact us at FREEPOST RRKA-HCAS-YSJC, Pizza Hut Customer Team, Unit 4, Mount Mill Farm, Wicken, Milton Keynes, MK19 6DG or via our comments form as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your Personal Information, We cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information which is transmitted to the Site or App and any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
9. Links to other websites
The Site and App may contain links to other websites that may not be owned or operated by Pizza Hut Restaurants. If you follow a link to those websites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or their privacy policies. Pizza Hut Restaurants encourages you to read the privacy policies of those websites carefully before you submit any information to those sites.
11. How does Pizza Hut Restaurants handle children's privacy online?
If you are under 14, please do not use the Site or App. Please see our terms and conditions for further details.
12. How do I contact Pizza Hut Restaurants?
Pizza Hut Restaurants (UK) Limited
One Imperial Place
Herts WD6 1JN
You have a right to access your Personal Information. If you wish to obtain a copy of your Personal Information, please write to Us at the address or email address given above enclosing your postal details. A fee of no more than the statutory amount (currently £10) may apply.
You also have the right to rectify your Personal Information by sending us a request to the above address or contact us page
If you have a complaint about how we have used your Personal Information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you want to change your cookie settings, just click on the link for your browser below: